Saturday, July 5, 2008

2 New Firsts Yesterday

Joe and I's Fourth of July was a packed day and included a few firsts.  

  1. We did a 5K walk in the Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge.  The scenery was awesome and we saw some incredibly wildlife.  It was also blazing hot since we almost reached a high temp record in Denver yesterday.  I was surprised about how quickly my energy was zapped with the heat being so intense.  There was very little shad out on the walk which shouldn't be surprising since Denver is a semiarid desert.  
  2. We watched fireworks from the Colorado Rapids' soccer field.  It was fun to be down in the field but I have to say I believe I prefer to view my fireworks without the music.  I prefer a nice "quiet" show especially around a body of water because the fireworks reflect in the water.  Knowing this about myself makes me even more excited about moving back to Michigan because most fireworks are shot off around water.  Also, it is nice to know that the state's largest firework show might not be nearly as good as the smallest in the state when the fireworks are shot off by water. :-)
Happy Independence Day (a day late)!

No comments:

Baby